It’s only February but we already have a wonderful array of fundraising activities taking place for our #175Hero Campaign…
Most recently we joined pre-reg trainees at Boots for their Lets Connect conference in Nottingham where they held a charity raffle in our honour at their Gala Dinner. Prizes included tickets to see Beyonce in concert, a library of reference books and a Kindle. The draw raised a fantastic £1513 for the charity on the night. A big thanks to everyone who gave so generously and especially to #175Hero Boots Chief Pharmacist Marc Donovan for his inspiring words to all in the room . You can check out Marc’s fundraising challenge activities and visit his fundraising page here.
Other activities and commitments include:
- SMART Awards – who raised a whopping £1115 at their awards dinner on 9th February at the Hilton in Birmingham
- Keele University who kick started their #175Hero fundraising campaign off at Christmas raising £176! Check out their #175Hero page here
- Ruth Edwards who is crafting and selling her own handmade cards – designs to follow!
- RPS Scotland – who are hosting a stationary cycle event for the charity over a 17.5 hour period in June
- Charity trustee Jonathan Mason and team who will be walking 175 miles from Bloomsbury to Birdsgrove house, taking in historic pharmacy places along the way including Reavleys – the oldest pharmacy in the UK
- University of Strathclyde who have lots of activities planned that include two balls, a bike challenge and a cake sale
- BPSA Secretary Michael Champion and Pennine Co-ordinator Laura Sile who are running the Liverpool Half Marathon on 13th March 2016! Please support them and donate to their Just Giving page
- and last but not least our very own Fundraiser Emma Peate and her partner Dave who will be running Gung Ho in April – a giant fun inflatable obstacle course set over 5k through an inflatable labyrinth and foam pit, over a giant wall and down Europe’s biggest inflatable slide at Manchester’s Heaton Park. Gung Ho has courses all over the country. Interested – you can sign up here to take part!
Other pledges are coming in thick and fast so don’t forget to check our #175Hero Wall of fame.