If you need help with your foundation placement and trainee pharmacist experience, please take a look at the abundance of guidance, information and tips especially for trainee pharmacists.
Assistance has been provided to trainee pharmacists in a variety of other ways, for example:
- Where a trainee is experiencing problems on their placement – with a particular member of staff or their tutor – we have provided them with a Listening Friend and with guidance from our specialist employment adviser
- Where the trainee is struggling with pressures – in the lead up to the registration assessment, if they have failed the assessment, are in between re-sits or are waiting to become registered – we have provided financial assistance, where necessary, to cover priority living expenses, assistance with revision courses and GPhC registration fees
- Where the trainee has failed the assessment, we have provided emotional support and encouragement via a Listening Friend, benefits and debt advice and financial assistance with priority living costs and bills
- Where a trainee has failed for a 3rd time, we have provided information on alternative career options
- Where a trainee is struggling with emotional difficulties we have provided counselling through our counselling partnership.