You do not need to be currently working, you could, for example, be unable to work due to illness or disability, retired, on a career break or suspended. You do not need to be a member of any organisation to access our support.
We have helped pharmacists in a number of ways, for example:
- for those experiencing problems at work or who are under investigation from the GPhC we have provided specialist employment advice on unwelcome changes to terms and conditions, bullying and disciplinary issues, financial assistance to help with living costs, a Listening Friend volunteer to provide peer support for any workplace issues, and information to outline options. We are also able to offer funded counselling
- for those in financial difficulty who have been off the register for some time and are wishing to return to work, for example, because they have been raising children, caring for an elderly or disabled relative or have been suspended or removed from the register – we have provided financial assistance to pay for essential living costs, return to practice training, GPhC registration fees and professional indemnity fees
- for those struggling to find work we have provided debt and benefits advice (including negotiation with creditors to reschedule payments) and financial assistance to help with priority outgoings and bills
- for those struggling with personal issues, for example, dealing with a bereavement or relationship breakdown we have provided practical information and signposting as well as funding for counselling through our counselling partnership
- for retired pharmacists struggling to manage on a very low income, we have made regular payments to assist with essential living costs and have provided one off payments to help with large, unexpected bills or minor household repairs. Assistance has also been provided with benefits claims and debt management and to help with top up fees towards care home costs
- for those dealing with addiction issues we have provided specialist counselling and financial assistance to help towards the cost of in-house addiction treatment and with living expenses and bills while they take any necessary time off. We have also been able to refer people onto other specialist support organisations.