The clue to the richness of this recipe is in the name. Millionaire’s shortbread is devilishly easy to make and so popular. All you need to do is cut them into squares and as your friends and colleagues to donate £2 per square!
Prep 20 mins, cooking time 10 mins
Serves 18 – skill medium
Ingredients for the biscuits
125g butter, softened
55g caster sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
140g plain flour
Half a 397g can ready-made caramel
55g dark chocolate
55g white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 170 degree fan 160 degree c gas mark 4
- Cream butter and sugar with the vanilla extract until pale and fluffy. Add the flour and mix well. Chill the dough for 10 mins
- Roll out on a floured surface to 3mm thickness and cut out biscuits using 3cm cookie cutter (it should make 36 biscuits, if you keep rolling and cutting).
- Transfer to baking paper lined baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes. Leave to cool
- To serve, spread some of the caramel onto half the biscuits and sandwich back together with the remaining biscuits. Melt the chocolate in separate bowls. Drizzle the chocolate over the biscuits and leave to set.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
You can download our resources to help you promote your bake sale and share your event with friends, family and work colleagues. Click here to order balloons and tablecloths or download our Bunting, posters or collection box.
Sell a few refreshments, such as tea, coffee and soft drinks on the side to top up your total.