September 25th – World Pharmacists Day – saw the start of our third annual #GoGreen4PS fundraising campaign, a month long campaign that saw pharmacy students, pre-reg trainees, pharmacists and retired pharmacists all come together to have some fun and raise money for the charity.
We kicked off this years festivities Glaswegian style at the 78th FIP World Congress of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences where we greened up the banks of the River Clyde with flags and donned our green wigs to cheer on the 100+ delegates taking part in the (very early morning!) 5k FIP Fun Run. The green brigade then traveled south to the Pharmacy Show in Birmingham where we created a tinsel-tastic Green Grotto for all to enjoy, with glitter station, raffle prizes and of course our new photo booth props and #GoGreen4PS photo frame!
Across the month many others got involved too:
- The fabulous team over at Buttercups Pre-reg Training climbed Mount Snowdon, raising a fantastic £709.50
- The team at Well Pharmacy HQ in Manchester baked green goodies raising £220
- CPPE Manchester held a bake sale, raising £42.70
- Priory Pharmacy in Dudley donned some funky green wigs and held a bake sale raising £50
- The team at Chemist & Druggist ran the Richmond half marathon raising £435
- RPS All London LPF greened up their meeting raising £65
- The NPA launched and are selling a new clothing range (t-shirts, cuff links & socks) to raise funds
- RPS HQ donated the £94 raised from their quiz night to the campaign
- and the RPS Retired Pharmacists Group donated a whopping £200 at their annual conference.
Many universities got in on the action too with bake sales and wear green days popping up across the country – students from Strathclyde, Robert Gordon, UCLAN, Manchester, Keele, Huddersfield, Bradford, East Anglia, Liverpool John Moores, Nottingham, Reading and Newcastle all getting involved!
To view the efforts of this amazing bunch of 2018 GoGreeners , check out our photo montage here!
A huge thanks to everyone who took part in and supported this year’s campaign – together you have helped us raise over £5k for the charity … with many fundraising events still to take place!
You can still donate to the #GoGreen4PS campaign, simply text ‘GGPS50’ and the amount you would like to donate (eg £5, £10, £20) to 70070 or make a donation here.