25th September is World Pharmacists Day and the start of our annual fundraising campaign #GoGreen4PS! This week-long event runs from 25th September to 1st October and is something that everyone can get involved in. Channel your inner Shrek by asking colleagues, friends and employers/employees to come together and bake, make, eat, travel, buy or wear something green to help raise vital funds for Pharmacist Support.
Pharmacist Support helps hundreds of pharmacists and their families, former pharmacists, pre-registration trainees and pharmacy students facing difficult times every year and we rely entirely on donations from those within the profession to ensure that this free and confidential support continues.
#GoGreen4PS is a fun way to raise money for charity. No matter how big or small your team is there is a #GoGreen4PS activity for you! You could hold a bake sale or a ‘wear green to work’ day, encourage staff to ditch the car and hop on a bike, or download our Big Green Quiz and get your friends to donate £2 to take part over lunch – as long as it’s green, anything goes!
Ways to Go Green
- Wear green for the day – socks, ties, a wig or head-to-toe! – and ask colleagues for a donation. And for those that don’t, charge them a forfeit fee!
- Travel green for the week – ditch the car and #GoGreen4PS by cycling to work and helping the environment. Simply donate what you save in petrol, parking or bus fare
- Get baking – everyone loves cake! Download our guide to holding a bake sale and try out our GoGreen recipe
- Decorate your pharmacy – green up your shelves for the day/week and remember to tweet a photo of your creation to @pharmasupport using the hashtag #GoGreen4PS
- Eat green or hold a Go Green pot luck lunch!
- Drink green – sponsor a colleague who drinks lots of tea to swap to green tea for the day/week, which is low in caffeine and rich in anti-oxidants
- Download our GoGreen sweepstake or Big Green Quiz and charge £2 per person to enter.
- Decide on your GoGreen activity – download our fundraising pack for help and inspiration
- Set a Go Green reminder in everyone’s calendar for 25th September to 1st October 2017
- Spread the word via email, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and don’t forget to include the hashtag #GoGreen4PS
- Download our Poster and put it up anywhere you can, on shelves, on doors and in lifts – anywhere that will catch people’s attention and tell them what you’re doing to #GoGreen4PS
- Show your support by downloading the #GoGreen4PS twibbon
- Decide how you will collect donations – download our DIY Collection Box, sponsor form or set up an online Justgiving page
- Ask your employer about matched funding – that way you can double the money you raise
- Tell us what you’re up to – email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 4410317
How your money helps
- £37 – provides an enquirer with a tailored package of information
- £40 – provides an isolated, elderly or disabled beneficiary with a home visit
- £50 – provides specialist first contact support to an individual struggling with addiction
- £100 – provides an individual with specialist debt, benefits & employment advice
- £600 – provides a 3 month tailored package of careers support for someone struggling to find work
- £1200 – provides a student in hardship with a much needed grant to help with everyday living expenses
- £3000 – provides an Mpharm student who has overcome some form of adversity with a bursary to help them excel in their studies.
We look forward to hearing about your #GoGreen4PS ideas and remember to share them with us on Facebook and Twitter using the hashtag #GoGreen4PS and @pharmasupport. Check out what others are up to across the country using our interactive #GoGreen4PS Google map.
GO team GREEN!