We are thrilled to once again be joining thousands of charities & millions of individuals the world over taking part in this year’s #GivingTuesday campaign – a day where everyone, everywhere can do something to support the good causes that mean so much to them.
#GivingTuesday as a campaign began in America back in 2012 as a mechanism to encourage individuals to give back after Black Friday and Cyber Monday. It was launched in the UK in 2014 by the Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) with the key aim of encouraging people to think of others in the run up to Christmas.
#GivingTuesday this year is the 3rd December & there are lots of ways to get involved. Tuesday’s usually drift on by without much of a thought. How about making this one count!
How YOU can get involved
Through a simple individual commitment we can collectively make a huge difference!
This December 3rd, why not:
- Set up a monthly donation and give a Christmas gift to your colleagues all year round
- Text PHARMACIST to 70970 and donate £5 to help someone in the profession facing difficult times this winter or make a one off donation to our #GivingTuesday Campaign Page (you can even set up your own fundraising page there too)!
- Smile when you shop! Find the perfect Christmas gifts through Amazon smile and choose Pharmacist Support as your chosen charity. Shopping using this link will generate a free donation to the charity. It’s that simple!
- Colleague collection – encourage your colleagues to donate £1 (or the cost of their morning coffee) to Pharmacist Support and raise valuable funds as a group to help us continue to provide our free & confidential services. Ask your company to match fund and you could double the donation!
- Get ready for Christmas, and send seasonal e-cards from Don’t send me a card. A minimum donation of £1 per e-card will come straight to Pharmacist Support.
- Sign up for a Santa challenge