Support us

As an independent Charity we rely on the generosity of pharmacists and pharmacy organisations to be able to continue our work – be that as donors or fundraisers, volunteers or supporters.

Pharmacist Support is here to support you – as pharmacy students, trainees, working pharmacists or retirees. As the profession’s independent charity we’re here to help you through any challenging times you may face – be that through financial hardship, through stressful situations during your years of study, in the workplace or in your home life.

In order to be able to continue to provide this free and confidential support we urgently need to raise valuable funds. This is where you come in!

You can help us support more people in need by:

Whichever route you choose and no matter how large or small your donation, it will make a real difference to the lives of pharmacists and their families in times of need.

Make your donations go further

HMRC operates a scheme called Gift Aid that allows charities to claim the basic rate tax on every pound donated. So if you donated £1 to Pharmacist Support, it means that you could actually be giving us £1.25. Giving under Gift Aid means that so much more money can be raised at no extra cost to our donors.

Gift Aid – the facts

  • For individuals, the Gift Aid rules require the completion of a Gift Aid Declaration Form This provides us with the minimum information required for us to be able to claim Gift Aid on a donation.
  • Gift Aid can be claimed on individual and sponsorship donations that are made to Pharmacist Support.
  • Gift Aid applies only to ‘gifts’. That means we can’t use Gift Aid to boost fundraising totals on activities where people have been charged an entry fee, made a purchase or have entered a competition. This also extends to activities where the donor can’t be traced (such as giving to collections).
  • To ensure that the Gift Aid claim is valid, meaning we can claim the money back, it’s vitally important that all the information asked for on the Gift Aid Declaration Form is provided

Higher Rate Tax Payers and Gift Aid

If you pay higher rate tax, you can claim the difference between the higher rate of tax you pay and the basic rate of tax (currently 20 per cent) on the total ‘gross’ value of your donation. If you want to receive the additional tax relief you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code. The SA Donate Scheme ceased from April 2012.  This means that donors can no longer send a tax refund to a charity straight from their tax return. Donors can still donate their tax refund to any charity themselves and claim Gift Aid if the qualifying conditions have been met.

Please note donors need to be aware that they must pay enough UK Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax to cover the amount all charities to which they donate will claim in Gift Aid. For further information on Gift Aid, please visit the HMRC website.

All forms and cheques should be sent to:
Pharmacist Support
5th Floor,
196 DeansgateIOF org-member-2014-cmyk
M3 3WF