As front-line members of the healthcare system you spend much of your lives serving others. At Pharmacist Support we’re here for you. During this difficult time, we want to help you protect your own mental health and wellbeing. It’s hard to try and think about ourselves at this time, but it is crucial. Looking after your own wellbeing is key and we’ve set up a wellbeing hub to help you navigate through these challenging times. Please share this with your colleagues and keep checking back as we add more resources.
Here at Pharmacist Support we promote the five ways to wellbeing below:
- Take notice – be in the present, take note of things around you. For more information on mindfulness see our mindfulness fact sheet
- Be active – being more active, enjoying the outdoors and having a healthy, balanced diet can improve how we feel. See our exercise fact sheet
- Connect – social relationships are key to promoting good wellbeing.
- Keep learning – do something for yourself and take time to learn something new.
- Give – giving makes us feel good. This could be as simple as saying thank you or sharing a smile.
Our wellbeing fact sheet provides more information on how you can improve your wellbeing. Other top tips to improve your wellbeing include:
- Getting a good sleep – if you struggle with sleep perhaps look at your routine and how you wind down before you go to bed. See our sleep fact sheet.
- Re-framing unhelpful thoughts – the way we think, feel and behave are linked. Re-framing how we think about things can help how we feel.
- Being healthier – cutting down on alcohol and caffeine can have a positive effect on our wellbeing and can also improve sleep. We also have a great fact sheet on healthy eating.
As well as wellbeing support, the charity provides a range of services that can help you during this difficult time. See our full range of support services here.