Main duties and responsibilities of a trustee
- To ensure the charity complies with its governing documents and legislation and pursues its stated objectives
- To contribute actively to strategic direction and policy setting, defining objectives and targets, and monitoring and evaluating performance against them
- To monitor the effective and efficient management and administration of the charity
- To ensure the financial stability and solvency of the charity
- To use any specific skill, knowledge or experience to assist the trustees to reach sound decisions
- To act as an ambassador for the charity.
The board is guided by acceptance and understanding of Lord Nolan’s Seven Principles of Public Life – selflessness, integrity, objectivity, openness, honesty, accountability and leadership.
We wish to recruit trustees who can demonstrate they have the knowledge and understanding to contribute to Pharmacist Support’s governance. We are particularly keen to hear from applicants who have some or all of the following experience:
- Basic awareness of the pharmacy sector and the needs of the charity’s service users
- Knowledge of the role of the board of trustees of a charity, including the legal duties and responsibilities
- A willingness and ability to devote necessary time and effort to ensure effective participation in trustee meetings
- A capacity for clear creative strategic thinking, supported by strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous charity experience, either as a trustee or volunteer.