Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
Pharmacist Support is committed to promoting equality, valuing diversity, and creating an inclusive environment for all who work with or access its services. We want to ensure people are treated fairly, equitably and are offered equal access and opportunities. This applies to our beneficiaries and supporters as well as our staff, volunteers and Trustees.
In 2021, the charity set about developing an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) strategy and action plan. At this time, we recognised we had a lot to learn and started on our journey to better developing our knowledge and understanding. We still have lots to learn and we are committed to continually improving our practices and listening to those we are here to help. As a charity we put people at the centre of all that we do. We are particularly mindful of the diverse needs of the people we are here to support and are committed to understanding and responding to their needs.
Our EDI strategy has three objectives:
- Objective one: To develop and deliver services that are inclusive, accessible and free from discrimination and bias.
- Objective two: To develop organisational policies and practices that encourage diversity, equality, and inclusion and which proactively help tackle discrimination.
- Objective three: To attract and retain a diverse group of staff, Trustees and volunteers who reflect the beneficiaries we serve and put them at the centre of our decision-making processes.
We will continue this journey over the coming years and are committed to ensuring all voices are heard and to the continuous improvement and development of our services to meet our beneficiary’s diverse needs.
Disability Confident Employer Scheme
In September 2023 we signed up to to the government’s Disability Confident Employer scheme and achieved “Disability Confident Level One – Committed” status and certification.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer we have committed to ensuring:
- we communicate and promote vacancies through a range of channels
- anticipate and provide reasonable adjustments as required
- support any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work.
Read about our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) strategy and action plan.