We’re participating in #GivingTuesday again this year, joining millions of charities and individuals across the world in a day where everyone, everywhere can do something to support the good causes that mean so much to them.
How you can support us
Giving Tuesday is on the 28 November and the focus of our fundraising drive this year is paying it forward. Many of our past service users tell us that as a token of appreciation of the support they’ve received, they would like to pay it forward by means of a donation so that others experiencing the same difficulties have the possibility to access support. Even if you haven’t used our services in the past, you can still pay it forward. You never know the challenges you, your colleagues or students and trainees following in your footsteps might face in the future, and we want to ensure we’re there to support as many students, trainees and pharmacists in crisis as possible.
Due to the pandemic and now the increase to the cost of living, donations have been declining. Therefore, we’ve set ourselves a goal; to raise £1,000,000 in funds in the the next 4 years. It might sound ambitious, and it is, but we’re ambitious on behalf of our pharmacy family who depend on us for free and confidential support.
If you’re in a position to do so, we’re asking you to contribute what you can to our Giving Tuesday fundraising drive.
Why we need your support
Highlighted in our charity video, pressures facing pharmacists across the country are at an all time high. This is reinforced through our 2022 Workforce Wellbeing Survey with the RPS that showed 88% of pharmacists are at risk of burnout at work and 37% reporting having very poor wellbeing at their workplace.
Pharmacist Support is here to help people in our pharmacy family who need it most, but we can’t continue to provide our vital free and confidential Support Services without help from you. Your valuable donation will go towards funding these Support Services and in turn, helping students, trainees and pharmacists just like you.
Other ways you can get involved
- Set up a monthly donation
- Text PHARMACIST to 70970 and donate £5 to help someone in the profession facing difficult times this winter.
- Doing your Christmas shopping online? Choose Pharmacist Support as your chosen charity on easyfundraising & GiveAsYouLive and continue to shop as normal. Funds will be raised for our charity at no extra cost to you.
- Don’t throw away your stamps! Keep the stamps from your Christmas cards and donate them to Pharmacist Support. This generates free donations to us to help pharmacists facing difficulty and helps to reduce waste, a win-win!
- Colleague collection – encourage your colleagues to donate to Pharmacist Support and raise valuable funds as a group to help us continue to provide our free & confidential services. Ask your company to match fund and you could double the donation!
- Get ready for Christmas, and send seasonal e-cards from Don’t send me a card. A minimum donation of £1 per e-card will come straight to Pharmacist Support.
Is your organisation looking to support the profession?
Your organisation can help us to secure the wellbeing of current pharmacists and the next generation of pharmacists by becoming a charity partner. Charity partners help us to raise sustainable income, raise awareness of our charity and services and champion wellbeing across the sector.
Donate as much as you can today and help us to secure the wellbeing of our pharmacy family. Thank you.