News & Events

Work visas for international students

Previously all non-EEA students had to apply for a tier 2 work visa but from July 2021 the government will be introducing the UK graduate visa. This visa will allow applicants to work in the UK for up to two years following graduation.

Requirements for the UK graduate visa

Applicants will not need a sponsor and there will be no minimum salary requirement. They can apply for this visa even if they do not have a job lined up. Applicants will need:

  • graduation from a UK university with a recognised degree
  • the required level of English – see below.

OSPAP students should note that this visa is only for UK graduates.  This visa is only granted for a UK degree or Masters degree. The Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip) in Pharmacy is not classified as a degree and candidates who only do the diploma will not be eligible for this visa. OSPAP candidates who need to apply for a work visa after completing their university training are advised to take the MSc in order to be eligible for the graduate visa option.

The required level of English

All Mpharm and MSc OSPAP students who graduate from a UK university will be considered to have met the language requirement.

For further information about the UK graduate visa, see the government website.

EU residents who are studying in the UK

MPharm students who are EU citizens and were living in the UK by 31 December 2020 can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living and working in the UK after 30 June 2021. MPharm students who are EU citizens and begin their studies after 1 January 2021 may need to apply for a visa.

For further information about the EU Settlement Scheme, see the government website. 

For further information about all visa options, see our Visa options for preregistration trainees fact sheet. 

Back to News