Charity Ambassadors will play a key role in helping the charity meet its strategic objectives to increase awareness of its work and optimise income generation and expenditure. Our ambassadors will champion the charity’s work within their local pharmacy communities by hosting information stands and delivering talks in their places of work/study, local networks and organisations. This role is vital to the work of Pharmacist Support and will help ensure that those eligible for support are aware of our existence and that they understand how to access our services. Another key part of the role will be to help raise valuable funds through events and the recruitment of fundraisers and donors so that the charity’s free and confidential support may continue long into the future.
- To raise awareness of Pharmacist Support
- To attend events on behalf of Pharmacist Support
- To co-ordinate local charity events
- To deliver talks and presentations about the charity (where happy to do so)
- To ensure all donations and expressions of interest in fundraising and volunteering are passed back to the Pharmacist Support fundraiser promptly for follow-up.
- The ability to inspire people about the work of Pharmacist Support
- Confident communicator
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Access to a vehicle or ability to network and travel in your local area
- Age 18 or over
- Commitment to personal development and training and willingness to attend meetings as required
All Charity Ambassadors will be given full training and be supported to carry out the role and will recieve regular updates on the latest activities.
Pharmacist Support will ensure that volunteers are not out of pocket and are not deterred from volunteering because of any costs involved.
Flexible – evenings and weekends, potentially once or twice a month or when required
How to apply
To apply for the above position, you must submit a completed application form (NB CVs will not be accepted).
We would be grateful if you could also complete the diversity monitoring form in order to ensure that our equal opportunities policy is adhered to.
Informal interviews will be held over the phone and shortlisted candidates will be invited along for a training day.
We are not currently recruiting Ambassadors. Any future vacancies will be advertised on our website, in our e-newsletter and in the pharmacy press.
Applications can be sent via:
email to: email@example.com
alternatively, by post to:
Manchester M3 3WF
- To download the job description and person specification, click here
- To download the application form, click here
For further details or to have a conversation about volunteering as an ambassador call 0161 4410317 or email firstname.lastname@example.org