This easy no bake recipe chocolate rocky road bars include chopped up honeycomb to add a shimmery golden topping. Then simply slice up and get your colleagues to donate £2 per slice.
Prep time 1 ½ hours, Setting time 20 mins
Serves 20 pieces – Level medium
110g salted butter cubed
120g digestives, lightly crushed
90g soft brown sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
2 tbsp cocoa
100g milk or dark chocolate
1 large handful of mini marshmallows
50g raising or other dried fruit
For the honeycomb
100g caster sugar
50g clear honey
1 tbsp water
1tbsp bicarbonate of soda
- Place butter, sugar, golden syrup, cocoa and chocolate in a saucepan and melt gently or a low heat
- Remove from heat, cool until tepid and then add the biscuits, raisins, marshmallows and honeycomb. Mix and then spoon the mixture into the tin and level the top, gently pressing the mixture into the tin with the back of the spoon. Sprinkle more crushed up honeycomb on the top.
- Cover and place in the fridge to set for 3-4 hours or overnight
- Remover the rocky road from the tin, melt the remaining 100g chocolate and pour over the top. Return to the fridge to set.
- To serve, cut into 1cm thick slices using a hot sharp knife
- Line a 20cm square tin with baking parchment (not greaseproof). Place ingredients except the bicarbonate of soda in a medium/large saucepan and over a low heat, dissolve sugar then turn up the heat and cook until a dark gold/amber colour is achieved.
- Working quickly, take off the heat and immediately sieve over the bicarbonate of soda. The mixture will foam then very gently stir with a whisk.
- Pour the mixture into a tin and leave for 1 hour minimum to harden
You can download our resources to help you promote your bake sale and share your event with friends, family and work colleagues. Click here to order balloons and tablecloths or download our Bunting, posters or collection box.