New wellbeing workshop dates added in London, North Wales and Birmingham!
Sometimes being a pharmacist can be stressful. The pressures and long hours associated with working in a pharmacy can stop you doing the things that you enjoy. Our recent survey of 728 registered pharmacists revealed that 45% of pharmacists ‘often’ feel stressed. Pharmacist Support want to help. We don’t just want you to get by; we want you to enjoy your work and your life outside of the pharmacy. We are currently piloting new wellbeing workshops that aim to:
- deepen your understanding of positive wellbeing and encourage self-reflection
- increase your knowledge of stress and anxiety for both yourself and those you work with
- equip you with practical skills and techniques to improve your own and others wellbeing
- contribute towards your continuing professional development
- help and encourage you to enjoy the work that you do and your life outside of the pharmacy.
The interactive workshop will last for 3 hours and will include:
- learning about the science of stress and anxiety and their signs and symptoms
- tips and techniques for when you’re feeling under pressure, including mindfulness and time management
- help with recognising the signs and symptoms of stress and anxiety
- information on cognitive behavioural therapy models (CBT) and its application
- practical information on the benefits of a positive lifestyle, including diet, exercise, sleeping well, doing activities that make you feel good.
The workshops are free to attend for registered pharmacists. Places are limited, so book promptly to confirm your place. The next workshops are:
Wednesday 15th January, 6pm at the Gestalt Centre, Shoreditch, EC2A 4TP FULLY BOOKED
Monday 20th January, 6.30pm at The Oriel Hotel, Upper Denbighshire, North Wales, LL17 0WL
Thursday 30th January, 6pm at The Priory Rooms, 40 Bull Street, Birmingham, B4 6AF
A light buffet will be served on arrival and we aim to finish by 9.30pm.
To book your place, please contact Helen Tester on 0161 441 0811, firstname.lastname@example.org