Keen to offer pharmacists and their families, former pharmacists and pharmacy students a more interactive, user friendly and responsive online experience, Pharmacist Support – the professions independent charity – has launched a new and improved website. The new site not only allows visitors to search for information and other support organisations, to ask questions online and participate in a live online chat, it is built using responsive design, making it easier to read and to navigate on mobile and tablet devices.
With visits to pharmacistsupport.org increasing by 75% since its launch back in September 2008 and visits from people using mobile devices also growing significantly in 2012, it was important to the charity to invest in their online presence and ensure that the new site was accessible and mobile friendly.
“The world wide web was a very different place when the first Pharmacist Support website was launched back in 2008” said Charity Manager, Diane Leicester. “Since then the number of households with an internet connection has increased considerably and access to the internet using a mobile device in the UK has become commonplace.
“While our old website did its job in giving us an online presence and helping us raise awareness of the support available it had become quite dated. More importantly, however, it became increasingly difficult for us to add and update content that was relevant to our service users’ needs.”
The Charity was also keen to highlight through the new design, the variety and complexity of the issues raised and feature examples of the tailored assistance it now provides. It was important too to showcase the impact of this support and to share the stories of service users.
“The new website will continue to evolve, so we hope that people explore it for themselves and feed back to us on other content they may find useful”, commented Ms Leicester. “We also hope that employers will share with their employees, pharmacy groups and organisations will share with their colleagues and that we can continue to build on what we hope will be a useful resource for those associated with or about to enter or leave the profession.”
To search the new website and find out more about the support and guidance Pharmacist Support can provide, please visit www.pharmacistsupport.org
For further information, interviews or access to imagery please contact Kate Westbrook on 0161 441 0313 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes to Editors
- Pharmacist Support is the independent welfare charity for pharmacists and their families, former pharmacists and pharmacy students in GB and is funded by donations from pharmacists
- Pharmacist Support was previously known as The Benevolent Fund of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain, and was re-launched in 2008 to reflect the modern day needs of today’s pharmacists
- Pharmacist Support’s services are available to pharmacists and their dependents, pharmacy students, those retired from the profession or no longer on the register
- The charity provides confidential advice and support with issues relating to stress, welfare and finance
- All services are FREE of charge and include; Listening Friends (a stress helpline staffed by trained volunteer pharmacists), information and enquiries, home visiting, financial assistance, specialist advice services (in debt, benefits and employment law) and support with addiction through the Health Support Programme
- Some of the services offered are delivered directly by trained volunteer pharmacists. Due to a shared professional background, these volunteers are uniquely positioned to be able to understand the specific pressures pharmacists and their families face.