25th September is World Pharmacists Day and the start of our annual fundraising campaign #GoGreen4PS! This month-long event is running from the 25th September to 31stOctober and is something that everyone can get involved in! The aim of the event is to bring the pharmacy community together and raise money to help fund vital services for pharmacists, former pharmacists, pre-registration trainees and MPharm students. It’s time to channel your inner Kermit the Frog by asking colleagues, friends, family and employers to have some fun wearing green, baking green, holding a green quiz or raffle, crafting green goodies and raising money for the profession’s charity, Pharmacist Support.
Sign up for your free #GoGreen fundraising pack here
Pharmacist Support helps hundreds of pharmacists and their families, former pharmacists, pre-registration trainees and MPharm students facing difficult times every year and relies entirely on the kindness and generosity from those within the profession to ensure that we can continue to provide our free and confidential support.
In recent years we have seen increasing numbers of people accessing our services with demand showing no signs of slowing down. Inevitably these increases have required an additional investment in resources.
Historically, the charity has been utilising its reserves in order to deliver much needed assistance to those facing a range of difficult circumstances and this is obviously not a sustainable long-term funding model.
As a non-membership organisation, we rely on the support of individuals and organisations in order to continue our delivery of this support.
How can I get involved?
It’s easy to get involved in the campaign. You could organise a #GoGreen4PS fundraiser at work, at a local meeting or get your friends and colleagues to sign up get involved and raise money. Here are a few ideas:
- Get as many of your colleagues as possible to join in and wear GREEN to work
- Each pay a donation (suggest £2) to take part
- Perhaps those not wearing GREEN get them to pay a fine (suggest £5)!
Hold a GREEN Bake Sale
- Get together with friends and colleagues who are keen bakers.
- Create a sumptuous spread of GREEN treats, and invite anyone and everyone to come along and eat cake – for a donation of course!
Hold a raffle
- Source some great Green prizes or convince your company to donate some items
- Sell raffle tickets to all of your friends and colleagues
- Reveal the winners and hand out the prizes.
BIG GREEN Quiz
- Download our Big Green Quiz,
- Get your friends and colleagues together and test their knowledge of all things Green
- Each pay a donation (suggest £1) to enter
Spread the Green Word!
- Invite all of your friends and colleagues to #GoGreen4PS
- Use social media, add our Twibbon to your profile and join our thunderclap
- Create a Just Giving page set a target and get your friends and colleagues to donate
- Tell your story to raise awareness. Send out a group email, text or save the date or pop personalised invite in the post
Every Green £1 raised from #GoGreen4PS will help those in the profession facing difficult times.
- £5 –helps fund invaluable information resources
- £15 –helps provide 1 hour of specialist counselling support
- £40 –helps provide an isolated, elderly or disabled beneficiary with a home visit
- £100 –provides an individual with specialist debt, benefits and employment advice.
To get involved sign up for your free #GoGreen fundraising pack here