On Friday 27th April On Your Feet Britain is challenging us to #sitless and #movemore! This is a great opportunity to encourage staff, colleagues and patients to get active and enjoy the benefits of a healthier lifestyle.
Prolonged periods of inactivity or sitting down can increase your risk of experiencing health problems including:
- cardiovascular disease
- colon cancer
- high cholesterol
- lower back pain and herniated lumber disks
- slow blood circulation
- type 2 diabetes.
However, there are quick and easy changes you can make, that may help to combat these risks, one of which is to be more active! How about:
- getting off the bus a stop early
- joining a gym – trying out a new class or going for a swim
- spending time outdoors – taking the dog for a walk, meeting a friend in the park or doing some gardening
- taking the stairs not the lift
- trying a new active hobby – cycling, running or dancing!
Exercise improves focus, concentration, and motivation. This in turn helps to reduce stress and tension allowing you to sleep better.
So what are you waiting for?! Get involved, get up, get out, get active and #keepmoving! AND why not share your wellbeing stories & pics with us on social media or via email at email@example.com.
The Wardley wellbeing team